Sunday, July 28, 2019

Day 15 - 27 July - At Sea to Kushiro, Japan - Day 1

Throughout the day and evening we were surrounded by fog and virtually zero visibility. So all activity was focused upon activities on the ship. Because it was a Mariner's Award day, a large block of time was devoted to that activity and the following lunch in the main dining room. I have to say that the salmon lunch menu item was spectacular and all at our table really liked it. We also received our Ship commemorative tiles at that lunch. But I'm getting ahead of myself!

The morning started with a coffee chat with Dr. Kam that was very well attended. That lead into the Mariner event I previously described. At 3 o'clock Dr. Kam presented a history of Japan in 1 hour (15 minutes overtime). That lead into our sea day interdenominational Bible study. We at the Guest Chef's dinner which was a Japanese themed dinner and very good. Our table mates were from Cashmere, WA. We had lots of great conversation. These dinners typically last 2-3 hours so we missed the evening programming, but I was able to attended the late performance by the guitarist, Mark Hussey who performed 1/2 of his concert solo and concluded with Hallelujah. Angela watched the Marvel movie. I finished up my night with final preparations of my sermon for the interdenominational service tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment